14.4.11

Stretch and burn

I had my first sports massage this week, and I can honestly say that it was the least relaxing massage I've ever had! I should point out that this is not because it was badly performed, but more because I loathe stretching before and after runs, and while I may be able to get away with it most of the time, you really feel it when it comes to stretching out those tight little muscles. My legs were so deeply knotted that he really had to dig deep, and that really hurt!

This is Ed, the physio who worked on me. An ex RAF serviceman, who's also running the London Marathon on Sunday, and is aiming for a sub 3 hour finish time!
He was plentiful with advice, and definitely instilled a little confidence in me.

Lots of luck to Ed, though it doesn't seem likely he'll need it!

run like 'elle