16.4.11

My marathon make-under

Yesterday I was invited to Bare Escentuals for a marathon make-under. What better way to spend a nervous Friday than being pampered with products to use for the marathon on Sunday?!

Running seems like a pure past-time, so the idea of being plastered in make-up doesn’t seem right. But then again looking super ropey with no make-up isn’t particularly appealing either! So off I went to the Covent Garden boutique to learn about mineral make-up…

Bare Escentuals is mineral based, so products are super light weight, allowing the skin to breathe – and are therefore perfect for sport. The line uses no artificial fragrances, artificial oils or parabens. Instead natural ingredients such as an active soil complex, The South African Resurrection Plant (which definitely sounds as though it means business) and avocado and grape seed extracts are just a few of the natural ingredients which are used in replacement – perfect for my sensitive skin.

So let the transformation begin…
Before.
Learning the upwards sweeping motion, which you should always use to apply products to your face. I used vitamin C&E enriched Prime Time primer, and eye brightening Pearl Prime Time
Bare Minerals foundation with SPF 15 is brushed on. There are 20 shades available, but I used medium and Medium Beige
Ionnis brushes Buxom Lips volumising gloss in Amber on my lips
I never ever wear eye shadow (I didn't even know how to apply it) but the team showed me using the Cup Cake and Bare Skin shades

Then it was the final touches - a light layer of Flawless Definition mascara and a brush of Flawless Radiance all-over face colour
The cupcake colours at Bare Escentuals
Tools of the trade
The finished product, with the lovely Bare Escentuals team
For more information on Bare Escentuals and Mare Minerals products visit www.bareescentuals.co.uk
Or pop in-store
Bare Escentuals
50 Neal Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2H 9PS
Tel: 0207 836 7424

Lots of thanks to Kate, Anna and Ionnis for my Friday treat. The fun shrouded the fear - temporarily! x