14.3.12

The race is on – literally

I’ve always been a last minute kinda gal, but I really have excelled myself this time. With just over two weeks until the Berlin ½ Marathon, I have somehow managed to swing myself a place and will be running/jogging/hobbling the race!

As you may have been reading, my life recently has involved a lot of fashion or not a lot of running, and my fitness has really suffered. My running has been limited to my weekly Run Dem Crew session – when I’m in town, and that’s kind of it.

On the occasions that I have been running, my knees have started swelling up and getting really painful. Thankfully, I’ve never had problems with my knees before, so this is all new to me.

In addition to this new-found ache and pain, I was seizing the spring-like weather the other day and decided to get my beautiful old bike out of storage. Not more than two minutes after I’d got on it, did I find myself flying over the handlebars and landing face down in concrete.

I got off lightly with a mild dose of concussion and some cuts and bruises, but said scrapes have further hindered my training progress as I didn’t even manage to make Run Dem Crew last night.
So, I’m definitely up against it on the training front, but I’m excited about running with the crew – and going to Berlin, so fingers crossed I’m on the mend fast and project BERLIN 2012 commences imminently.

Watch This Space…

Run like ‘elle. x