30.6.11

WaterAid loves Glastonbury Festival

WaterAid, a charity whose work I strongly support, is integral to Glastonbury Festival, and the charity's presence there can be widely seen across the site. In fact, it was at Glastonbury Festival last year, where I decided that I wanted to run the London Marathon for them!

Me in the WaterAid photobooth last year, with friends
A year on, and a fair few many miles later, and the lovely WaterAid team invited me to join them at this year's Glastonbury. I was so happy to be part of the team, but in the end I wasn't abel to make it and made the very difficult decision to give them back my ticket ( a doubly hard decision when you consider that I'm a born and bred Glastonbury girl, and that festival almost runs through my blood).

Anyway, after getting done the necessary business that prevented me from going in the first place, and watching sufficient coverage on t.v.  to make me feel utterly jealous, I finally admitted defeat - and on Sunday morning my friend Katie and I drove down to Somerset to party with the best of 'em!
I had a super fun, super sunny day - and though I didn't make it over to see the WaterAid team, I did spot a few revellers sporting the limited edition WaterAid temporary tattoos, which were designed by celebrity WaterAid supporters.

Here is popstar Eliza Doolittle's monochrome design
Musician Emmy the Great's creation


and last but not least, the lovely Lauren Laverne's themed design


Wandering around the site I felt really proud of WaterAid's hard work, and I hope that the message of providing clean, safe water to everybody made its message on the audience. 

See you in two years Glastonbury! x