17.6.11

On my run tonight

And the skater boys!

I had things on my mind tonight, and tempted as I was to go out and party my worries away, I instead decided to go home and go for a run.

I donned my trainers, turned up the Drum and Bass and headed out. I was running with a purpose - to lose my bad mood, and it felt good to get my head down and go for it.

The evening was beautiful and sun soaked, so I ventured a little further than usual. The park provided just enough green space for my to lose my thoughts - and my bad mood too. It's true what they say about those endorphins, they really work!

On my run I wore a love-worn black t-shirt, Nike capri pants, Sweaty Betty luminous orange crop top, Triumph sports bra, Thorlo short running socks and my favourite personalised Nike iD running trainers.

I tested the freshly laid wood chip running track. The soft surface makes running harder work, but somehow more fun too
Contemplated quitting running in favour of watching a round or two of traditional oil wrestling at a local Anatolian Cultural Festival

Admired the pretty pond
Just as I turned the last corner and on to the home run (if you will), this song came on. It never fails to make me feel utterly euphoric, and this evening even more so. If I had an emotional power song, then this would be it.

Hometown Glory - Adele. High Contrast remix


On finishing, I realised I hadn't re-started my running app when I'd paused my run. I think I finished at about 5 miles - honest! x