15.8.12

Olympics!

Last week I was lucky enough to go to the Olympics!

With the games in London, the energy in the city was palpable and I knew I had to go, so we managed to get hold of some tickets and headed down on a sunny Friday afternoon to see some track & field athletics action.

I saw...  Men's Pole Vault Final, Women's 4 x 400m Relay Round 1, Men's Decathlon Victory Ceremony, Women's Hammer Throw Final, Men's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1, Women's 5000m Final, Women's Javelin Throw Victory Ceremony, Women's 4 x 100m Relay Final, Women's 1500m Final, Women's 5000m Victory Ceremony, Men's 4 x 400m Relay Final, Women's Hammer Throw Victory Ceremony and the Women's 4 x 100m Relay Victory Ceremony. Not bad going huh?!

An Olympic sunset
That's me
wowowowowowow
The Women's 5000m Finalists run past (Ethiopia in the lead)
The beautiful Olympic flame, as designed by the incredible Heatherwick Studio

Unfortunately I couldn't get a good enough picture of the real thing, so this will have to do
Pin badge heaven
Anish Kapoor's Orbit tower
Geometry
Global heads
Shapes for days
bit.fall by Julius Popp
This video shows its beauty much better...
My new friend Farrah, who I met on the train. He was working at the Olympic site, and told me stories about all the amazing people he'd met, and the stories he'd heard whilst working there. 
Orbit by night
I had the BEST day at the Olympics :-)

run like 'elle - and get gold. x