17.4.12

The month of March

Started with Paris Fashion Week. A week of shows, shoes and champagne!

These 6 inch beauties are by designer Burak Uyan 

A couple of my favourite shows included Kenzo, which was a multi-coloured frenzy with the models riding escalators instead of walking the catwalk (below)

And Viktor & Rolf The pieces, the set design, the music, everything about it was beautiful, and it really reminded me why I work in fashion. For me, it was true artistry.

I was too captivated to take a picture, so take a moment and watch the video (If you spot a blob of blue to the left of the catwalk - that's Katy Perry)



Me & my colleague Jayne posing in the poshest toilets in Paris - at The Ritz

During Fashion Weeks, the hotel plays host to the foremost members of the fashion industry. You can read about the hotel's rich fashion history and see the amazing corresponding shoot by Tim Walker with Kate Moss in the current edition of American Vogue.

Oh yeah, and this was one of my favourite outfits (sorry - couldn't resist) My shirt's vintage - €1 from an Amsterdam market! (I love a bargain) The skirt is by one of my favourite designers Camilla Staerk, the shoes are Michael Kors and the bag's vintage. Oh and the backdrop's dodgy - apologies again.

Then it was back to London, and I celebrated International Women's Day with my Mum at the benefit concert at London's Southbank Centre.

The night was hosted by Annie Lennox - who I recently interviewed for the Observer's O Magazine, and performers included Jess Mills, Katie B and Emeli Sandé
This is Mumma Moira raving in the aisles

Then I went to Iceland to write the Reykjavik city guide and cover the city's annual design festival.

We had just enough time to watch a catwalk show on a volcanic hot spring at the incredible Blue Lagoon Definitely go there if you ever visit Iceland.
And meet the President of Iceland too!

After a quick stop back in London, it was time to brave Berlin and run the city's half marathon.
Me and my friend Rhalou pre-race
Bedroom devastation at the very post Hotel de Rome

Then back to London again for a few days to hang out with family before leaving for BRAZIL!

Me & my cousin Katie
More to follow...

run like 'elle