24.8.11

Running in Paris

Last week I was working in Paris, and was lucky enough to be staying at the luxurious Le Bristol hotel - something of a classic on the hotel circuit. Having lived out all my foodie dreams dining at Le Restaurant Gastronomique -  the hotel's three Michelin starred restaurant, where I worked my way through six courses and a vintage wine list - and was even invited in to the kitchens afterwards to meet chef Eric Frechon, the guilt of my gorging got the better of me, so the next morning I headed out in to the sunny Paris streets for a run.

Dinner. Amuse bouche
You know the butter's going to be good when they name the farmer who made it mmmmmmm :-) butter face
Langoustine and caviar wrapped in Provencal green pepper

Truffle ravioli (Ordinarily I have an aversion to any foam based food, but I made an exception for this)
Seam bream with muscles, celery and samphire
Wine that's older than me
As seen through my eyes
Pudding. Chocolate sorbet covered in edible gold leaf, balanced on a dark chocolate tower filled with chocolate mousse and encased in a chocolate sculpted dome
Demolition
And that's an abridged version of the meal!

On my 'recovery' run I wore: vintage vest, fluorescent bra, capri pants and iD trainers all by Nike, socks by Sweaty Betty.
Le beau Bristol
Le Bristol is set just off the Champs-Élysées and close to Les Tuileries gardens, a verdant manicured garden which edges on to the Louvre museum - so that's where I ran.

First past Prada...
Then past a blushing bride 

Place de la Concorde

Le Tour d'Eiffel
Les Tuileries

The Louvre




It was such a beautiful day, and running past world famous monuments felt pretty epic for such an early hour. Though it did make me realise that I don't run in enough new ares in London - so from here on in I'm going to make an effort to 'run London'.

Later on that day I undid all my good work by tucking in to a cactus tostada at my new discovery - a Mexican cafe and speakeasy bar in the Marais. But believe me, it was worth every bite! I even got photographed for Mexican newspaper Reforma, so if you see me, please will you send my taco stuffing face a copy?!

Thanks. x

Le Bristol
112 rue Faubourg St honore
75008 Paris
www.lebristolparis.com

Candelaria
52 Rue de Saintonge
75003 Paris
www.candelariaparis.com