28.2.12

Not...running in Milan

So.... I’m supposed to be going to Berlin on the first of April to run the Berlin ½ marathon with the Run Dem Crew.

The team are in training, and as-ever, I’m late on board. But, in acknowledgment of what’s to come (and fear of letting down the RDC lot) I packed my running stuff for my trip to Milan Fashion Week last week, with every intention of unpacking it from my suitcase and running.

I was travelling with my work friend Jayne, and we’d made the plan to run together whilst we were there. It didn’t quite go according to plan.
We did 15 appointments – both shows and presentations, every day. And finished at around 9/10pm, then headed straight to dinner. I don’t advocate it, but there’s never any time to eat or drink during the day at Fashion Week. So, needless to say – the bread basket got it!

After dinner, it was back to the hotel to file the day’s copy. So, bed by about 2am, then up again at 6am to edit our copy from the day before – and start the whole process again!

I’m not trying to sound like a flakey fashion girl. It’s not too tough an existence, and I’m very aware of how lucky I am. But it was busy, we were tired, and so we didn’t manage to run. Not once.

My running kit is still lying in the bottom of my suitcase at home, and I’ll leave it there to take it with me to Paris for Fashion Week this week. I’m hoping for a better result there!

On the plus side, I did wear 5 inch stiletto heels daily, and believe me - in the cobbled streets of Milan, that’s a pretty good feat – for even a seasoned stiletto wearer.

My fashion feet (please note – the cigarette ain’t mine!)

run like 'elle.