17.10.11

Graphic art takes on sports bras

After a month of fashion I'm now enjoying all things arty, as this week was Frieze art fair in London - a huge private art fair held in Regent's Park (coincidentally, the same place where I do Nike Training Club) The main event prompts a host of independent fringe exhibitions, which I have spent the week visiting. So  - in celebration of art week, I was pleased to see these comic drawings land in my Inbox.
Nike - the king collaborator, comissioned two female graphic artists Jan Duursema and Amanda Conner to reinterpret the AW/11 collection's key pieces - the Legend Pant, the Victory Bra, the TR Fit Winter shoe, the Beautility Shell and the Thermal Hoody.

And this is what they did...

I really like the idea of the inane becoming something 'super'. Hope you do too. x